- Before treatment
- What is an eyelash extension?
- Eyelash extensions are synthetic eyelashes that are attached singularly on to natural lashes in order to add volume and length to your eyelashes.
- How many days before can I book?
- You can book from 2 months before.
- Can I request a particular stylist?
- Yes. The request fee is 550 (tax included).
- Can I use a credit card?
- You can use a credit card at the following branches: Ginza, Shinjuku, Shibuya, Roppongi, Colette Mare Minatomirai.
- I want extensions for a special occasion. How many days before should I have them done?
- If it is your first time, we recommend three weeks before the special day.
- Can I come wearing make-up?
- If you are wearing mascara, you will need to remove it before having your extensions. Please use the powder room in the salon.
- Can I have extensions if I’m wearing contact lenses?
- Yes, you can.
Your eyes will be closed for 1 to 1.5 hours, so if you’re worried about your eyes drying we recommend you take your lenses out. Please ask the staff for contact lens solution.
- I still have another salon’s extensions attached – what should I do?
- We can work on and add to another salon’s extensions, but we recommend you to remove.
- I don’t want the extensions to look unnatural like false eyelashes.
- We attach each extension one by one to each eyelash so it looks really natural. You can customize the length and thickness.
- Is there an age limit?
- Minors need the consent of their parent, but there are no other age limits.
Please confirm following page before you come salon. <<CONSENT OF PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN>>
- Can you attach extensions on eyelashes that curl down?
- Yes. If we attach a strong curl, your eyelashes will curl upwards. We can’t however attach extensions to inverted eyelashes.
- I don’t have many eyelashes.
- We can’t attach extensions if there are no lashes at all, but we can if you have fine or short hairs.
You probably have more lashes than you think and we can usually attach a total of 100 lashes for both eyes.
- How safe are eyelash extensions?
- Having eyelash extensions applied is a completely safe. A specialist will apply the extensions to your natural eyelash that will not cause damage to original lashes.
- – Do I have to do anything to prepare for before the treatment?
- – Please come without make up around your eyes. No mascara, no eyelash curler to be used in advance.
- Can I cancel?
Please let us know as soon as possible if you want to change the time or date.
- Where do you attach the extensions?
- We attach the extensions 1.5mm from the root of your eyelashes. One extension is attached to each eyelash.
- How long does it take?
- The application takes about 2 hours, but you will have counseling the first time you come to our salon so please allow plenty of time for your visit.
- How long do they last?
- About 3 weeks to 1 month. They will fall off as each of your own lashes falls out at the end of its cycle.
- This is my first time. How many lashes should I have?
- We recommend 80 lashes for a natural look, 120 lashes to create an eyeline and look as if you have extensions, and 160 lashes to look thick and dark as if you are wearing mascara.
- Will I lose some of my own lashes?
- Pro Care eyelash stylists are highly skilled so there is no damage to your own eyelashes. If you have lashes damaged by curlers, you may find they actually get healthier.
- Will they tingle or hurt?
- The extensions are attached 1.5mm from the base of your eyelashes.
So glue or remover will not get in your eyes and it won’t tingle or hurt.
However, the glue is very caustic and will hurt if you open your eyes before it has dried, so please keep your eyes closed until the extensions have been finished.
- When I had extensions done at another salon they hurt.
- The reason extensions hurt can either be because they are not correctly attached or they are too close to your eyelid.
The method at our salon is to attach the extensions 1.5mm from the root of your eyelashes so they won’t hurt.
- Can you add on extensions?
- Yes, we can.
However, even if we add on extensions, you should have reset cleaning at least once every 2 months.
By completely removing the original glue, it decreases the risk of damage to your own eyelashes.
- My eyelashes are permed. Can I have extensions?
- Eyelash perming effects the cuticle and flexibility of your eyelashes, so your eyelashes are not in best condition. We don’t recommend extensions for permed eyelashes.
Please wait at least 1 month after you have had your eyelashes permed to have extensions.
- Can you attach lower lash extensions?
- Yes. Even with a few bottom lashes (15 on each eye) you can get a voluminous look and enjoy an image change.
- After treatment
- Will the extensions touch my glasses?
- If you bring the glasses you usually wear we can select an extension length that won’t touch your glasses.
- Can I use the pool or sauna?
- Yes, that’s fine. However, suntan cream and oil can cause your extensions to fall off more quickly, so please don’t put those lotions on your extensions.
- I do sports and sweat. Will my extensions fall off quickly?
- If you sweat a lot before the glue has dried, the oil from your skin may cause your extensions to fall off more quickly. Please avoid any activities that may make you sweat the day you have your extensions.
- Can I have a steam facial or oil massage?
- Steam is fine after the glue has dried.
Massage oil may cause your extensions to fall off more quickly.
- Can I put mascara on after getting extensions?
- There is special eyelash extension mascara.
We don’t recommend normal mascara as it has oil in, and waterproof mascara means you have to rub your eyes when cleansing which can cause your extensions to fall off more quickly.
- Can I use curlers after getting extensions?
- You can’t use the pincer-type curlers.
Extensions have a set shape so you don’t need to use curlers, but if you want to raise the root of your eyelashes, you can use stroke-type hot curlers.
- Can I use an oil cleanser to remove make-up?
- Extensions are weak to oil, so if you use an oil cleanser they will fall off more quickly.
We sell special oil-free cleansers so please ask our staff.
- Can I put make-up on straight after getting extensions?
- Yes. However the glue won’t have dried completely, so please don’t use mascara.
- How often should I get refills
- We recommend getting a refill every 3 to 4 weeks. A refill is needed to fill in any lashes that have fallen due to the natural cycle of your own lashes.
- Is there anything I should be careful of after getting extensions?
- ・Please be especially careful not to get your lashes wet for 3-4 hours after you have extensions done.
・Our staff will explain about daily face washing and tips on how to make your extensions last longer before you leave.
・Do not rub your eyes
・If applying mascara do so from middle to tip, avoid root area
・Do not perm your lashes
・Do not use an eyelash curler
・Do not pull your lashes it’ll also damage your natural eyelash